Zeal 0.3.0 is finally out!
After almost 300 changes, I felt it’s time to share all the improvements. There are not so many major changes, but quite many bug fixes, UI polishing, and performance optimizations.
The most interesting changes include:
- Much faster search mechanism.
- New dedicated docset management interface.
- Reworked search term highlighting in the results.
- Search result items now display two icons to minimize confusion.
- Portable version.
- A lot more! Use links below to see the release notes, and the full change log.
I would also like to thank everyone who contributed by submitting pull requests, reporting issues, and suggesting new features. Special thanks go to @drognanar and @innermous for their awesome work on improving Zeal.
What’s next? Expect 0.3.1 with fixes for newly discovered issues to come shortly. For 0.4 my plan is to focus on further UI improvements, and support for multiple docset sources. Generally I hope to make releases more often, with less changes in each. Let’s see how that will work out.
Now just go and get Zeal 0.3.0 for yourself!